Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Mum


Credit to Dich for the picture.


"She smacked me. She scolded me. She punished me. But she loved me. She really did. She loved me falling off a swing set. She loved me stepping on her floors with muddy shoes. She loved me coming and going, at my worst and at my best." - For One More Day

When I was still studying in high school, I rarely come home. It's 400km away from home and I lived there for 5 years. I know what my mom's feeling when her small child stay far away from her which she can't visit everyday. Living away from my mom makes me a person who aware of what a mummy's feeling towards their child.

_______________________________________________________________________________


My mother, she doesn't know a single thing about technology. I'm not ashamed to mention that to everyone. First day she's got a handphone, she can't really use it well even to call someone. I'm teaching her for years but she still don't have the courage to try any new tech related thing on her own. An unused computer in home, at first no one want to use it because everyone got their own laptop but then I tell her how to make full use of it to fulfill her hobby, reading.


When she's a mom, she's forever a mom.

All of my friends know it's so hard to wake me up from sleep. But as a mother, she knows every tiny little single thing about me. When it comes to wake me up from sleep, she always sit on my bed, besides me. She talk slowly to me and she rub my forehead until I wake up. And it's really worked.A lot more things that I expect she didn't know but I'm really surprised when I know the truth.

My mum is a very protective mother. When it comes to me getting scolded by my father, mostly because of something missing, she will take the blame and ready protect me.


Actually, my mind bloated with all the kindness that my mom had done to me all this 20 years of my life, but seriously I can't be written just on a piece of paper. What I write here is just a very small pieces of all the stories. I write this cause I'm really miss my mom right now. I need to drive 5 hours to met her. If possible, I wanna do it now!

And from today and now on. I want to make a list of Times My Mother Stood Up for Me and Times I Did Not Stand Up for My Mother. I'm pretty sure that there will be an imbalance of it all.

My mom, she had bottomless well of love for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright (c) 2009 forbidden island. All rights reserved. Design by NodeThirtyThree + Free CSS Templates. Bloggerized by Free Blogger Template.